Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thoughts of Dad

Today I posted another letter to Dad. On Veteran's Day I think of him often. I usually call him but won't this year. He hasn't been answering my calls since about February. I think he was under the impression I was trying to get to Nick's college money Dad had put away. But nothing could be further from the truth. I miss my Dad in many ways. He wasn't always there when I was young but most of it he was serving in Vietnam. Other times he was not and I don't have many memories of hardly anything during those times anyway. So I guess that doesn't matter.

I think that with John I became the same Dad I had in many ways. When I was there I wasn't really there. I wish I had been more in tune with being a father. But wishing doesn't roll back time. I just watched a touching short film of a father and son. I recommend watching it if this link is still good. (It is a facebook link)

No comments:

Post a Comment