Saturday, November 5, 2011

Decisions Decisions...

Our lives our simply a product of every decision we have ever made. The good ones, the bad ones, fleeting moment thoughts and carefully crafted plans. This is the fabric we call our self. The threads are woven tightly and we continue to add to the fabric all the time. I am at a place in my life where I can look back at those decisions and finally I think I can say the good ones are starting to out weigh the bad ones. I could have done many things different and many changes would have been made but I would not be who I am today nor whom I will be tomorrow without this history in place.

I accept that it was I alone who has made these choices and no one else. Yes there are many influences surrounding us everyday but ultimately it is always are choice to make. I can't blame or give credit to anyone but myself for where I am at in life. I am for the most part a satisfied man. I have a family I love and that loves me. I have a career and I love what I do. How many of us hit fifty years old and are in this place?

Tonight I celebrated my nephew Bryan and his loving bride Rachel's wedding. Young love at its highest moments. It was wonderful to be there and join the celebration. I felt Donna and I also made a new connection once again as we danced into the evening. Not so new love is still terrific too.


No comments:

Post a Comment