Monday, November 21, 2011

Saturday With My Mom

Last week I was able to pick up Mom from Vickie's and she has been staying with us for the past few days. It has been great. We played Scrabble and Mom was her usual self making words that only she knew. Ha ha. John Challenged her at every opportunity and really showed off his skill of language. He won nearly every game except for one. I got lucky and found a triple word on pseudo and followed it by zit on a double word. That vaulted me into an insurmountable lead since it was so close to being over. That was really fun!

But on Saturday morning I took Mom to a funeral of her cousin Wesley Stevens. She had a good time despite it being a funeral. There were relatives there she may never see again since she lives in Plano and they are so spread out too. We attended the small luncheon afterwards and she regaled the table with stories of the past. I could see she enjoyed every minute of it and I am grateful I could take her to this. I didn't know nearly as many people as she did but I knew a few. Time passes so quickly that meetings of family don't happen as often as they should.

Mom will be here for another week plus a couple of days and I am sure to see her again but the time on Saturday was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment