Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Long Bomb Touchdown"

I really have few memories of my Dad when I was young. He just wasn't around that much for memories to stick in my mind. But there was this one Sunday morning that for some reason Mom had left me behind from church. This was something that did not normally happen and I can't remember why. This left Dad and I to our selves and Sundays for my Dad meant football and beer. The first game was about to start on TV and the Cleveland Browns were going to get the ball first. My Dad looked at me and said, "Long bomb to Paul Warfield touchdown." I couldn't believe it but I saw it for myself Cleveland's first play was exactly as Dad had called it. I was struck with awe and I can't remember anything else from that morning including the second play of the game. But for one morning my Dad was the Kreskin of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment