Saturday, May 16, 2009

Life is a Candle

My life doesn't reflect the box of cherries so popular from the movie Forrest Gump, but rather my life is like that of a candle. I have been burning brightly deep orange and yellows for some time now. Over the years the candle has gone out a few times and has needed to be re-lit in order to burn again. The flame goes out more often than before burning brightly at first but eventually the flame starts to flicker and the molten wax soon smothers the flame to smoke. Once re-lit the wax has hardened beneath the flame and the process repeats as the pool of wax grows until it nips at the flame. Again the liquid snuffs it out and the smoke fills our senses giving us the sign to re-lite the flame. We wait until the wax cools or we pour some out and allow more room for the flame to burn. I am in this stage of the candle's life. My flame burns brightly some days and others it is barely distinguishable as lit. The flame returns to burn again and again and again. My candle has been tall and deep with ample wax to melt over and over. Can you describe your candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment