Thursday, May 21, 2009

Insomnia

Sleep does not come easy to me as I have been an insomniac for as long as I can remember. I have tried all the remedies, several medications from Doctors and over the counter, all the herbs and teas you can think of but it all remains the same and I lay there with my mind racing about something. I can remember one night laying in bed exhausted from my day and my mind would not shut down. My back hurts in this position I'd better roll over. Is that sweat running down my leg or is something crawling on me? My foot itches now. (scratch foot with other foot) Ah relief, but now my ear itches. when will it stop. I need to buy tires for the car soon I saw the tread indicators today. I wonder how much that will cost. Am I bothering Donna rolling over so much? I can't get comfortable. It's too hot in here. Did my fan get moved I can't feel it any longer? Somehow amidst this brain chatter I eventually fall asleep. And like a favorite record with a scratch on it, playing the same song over and over repeating at every turn of the vinyl album, the song can't get beyond the scratch until the needle is lifted and gently placed back into the grooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment