Saturday, July 23, 2011

Letter To My Father


Dear Dad,

I have not always found it easy to talk with you. We talk about the same things each time. We really do not know who the other really is other than I am your son and you are my Dad. I want you to know I have always had great respect for you. I know that being away is not as easy as it looks when there are people you love and care for far away.

When I was young you were serving out country and missed a lot of my younger days. I missed you then too but I was not alone. Most of my friends were in the same situations. So I knew what they knew and it didn't seem different. I am proud you served in the Army and I am glad you did. I too would have served had it not been for the bad timing of my head injury. I wanted to be just like you when I grew up and in some ways I have and some not.

There are to many miles between us now and time moves by at what seems to be an increasing speed. Of course it hasn't changed a bit but we change a bit every day. I wish we could see each other more and I wish you knew my boys better. They are both good boys and I'm sure you can be proud of each of them as I am.

I would like you to know that I care for you and I love you.

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment