Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life Requires A Bit Of Luck

I personally believe you always need a bit of luck in life to get through it. When I was growing up we didn't even know what seat belts were and the dash of the car was made of metal. Sure glad the accident I was a passenger in wasn't that bad. Luck? The 1959 Plymouth wagon my brother hit wasn't even hardly scratched but his Mustang was totaled. No one was seriously hurt and that can be considered lucky. I haven't won the Lottery yet so I am not that lucky but I have been in front of a couple of guns pointed at me and I have lived to tell those stories. Lucky? When I was younger, can't remember how old but Dad was not in Vietnam, I loaded a .22 caliber rifle with a .22 long rifle bullet. The gun was only designed for .22 shorts. Well the bullet wouldn't come out and I wasn't supposed to have been messing with it anyway, so I quietly placed it back in the closet and never said a word. Sometime later my brother was showing it off to his friend Freddy and he blew the light out from the ceiling. Lucky? I know Freddy was that day but Doug wasn't because Dad gave him a whooping. Twenty something years later as Dad and I were having a beer or two one evening, I told him the truth. He wasn't too pleased but what could he do. I do consider myself to be lucky but luck can be elusive and not always present itself in full sunlight. So ask yourself today, are you feeling lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment